City Cyclery started over a pint among friends in a bike-filled garage
Pedaling good times since 2013
The humble beginnings of the City Cyclery began in a grungy old garage in Walkerville when a few buddies discovered they were secretly vintage bike nerds and shared a love of bikes and cycling. Out of this discovery a Wheelman club was started, which was mainly an excuse to work on cool bikes and drink some fine local brew. From there the idea of having a small bike shop became reality and Chris Holt and Ron Drouillard started making preparations to move from the garage to a real retail location.
On February 17, 2013, City Cyclery, a little (500 sq/ft) bike shop in an alley opened to the public for the first time. Since then that shop has made thousands of new friends, sold hundreds of bicycles, renovated (and moved into) a 3,500 sq/ft location in a 1920s factory, received a heritage award from the City of Windsor for the work we did on our building, hosted parties, tweed rides, live bands, community building events, the launch of Detroit Bikes, the arrival of Simcoe Bicycles, became the only bike shop in Canada with beer on tap, restored 100s of vintage bicycles and served the great city of Windsor (and the equally wonderful Detroit area, Essex County, and our many customers from all over Ontario, Michigan and parts unknown) with the passion and excitement that’s been there since day one. City Cyclery is located in a beautiful converted factory (c.1880’s) on Lincoln Rd. at Wyandotte St. E in Walkerville, Windsor, Ontario, Canada.